In this topic:
Reports are run with Gotransverse's reporting tool. From the Gotransverse Navigation Bar, select Reports>>Gotransverse Reports.
Gotransverse provides a reporting tool so you can view and analyze details about your Customers, transactions, and system setup. Reports can be viewed, printed, emailed, or exported to provide you with the insight on how your business is performing. You can use the reporting tool to run predefined Standard reports or to create new Interactive reports. You can use Standard reports immediately, or you can filter by specific information to run reports uniquely relevant to your business. Additionally, you can run reports in the background and schedule reports to run automatically.
Gotransverse provides three types of reports:
- Interactive Reports - Interactive reports include any reports that you have created. Interactive reports can be saved to your User folder for your personal use or saved to the Company folder for easy sharing and collaboration. For details and instructions on creating an Interactive Report, see Interactive Reports. For information on viewing a saved Interactive Report, see Running a Report.
- Standard Reports - Standard reports are predefined and you can use them immediately, or you can filter by specific information to run reports relevant to your business. Each report includes a set of predefined filters with default values that you can modify if needed. For details about Standard reports, see Standard Reports. For instructions on running a Standard Report, see Running a Report.
- Custom Reports - Custom reports are provided to your company by Gotransverse upon your request. This type of report is optional and is located inside the folder labeled with your company name. This folder is not shown if there are no Custom Reports available. For instructions on running a Custom Report, see Running a Report.
|Note: If you have reports created in the previous Gotransverse reporting tool, you have the option to select Reports>>Adhoc Reports, which contains all the reports that you built. Otherwise, select Reports>> Gotransverse Reports to view Standard reports and create new Interactive reports.|
Gotransverse also offers Premier Data Access. Using either Snowflake, your preferred tool, or a SQL tool with a Snowflake connector, you can query and view large amounts of your GTV data like product catalog, tax, and payment data. Alternatively, you can receive data extracts from GTV which are pre-defined downloads of your GTV data. Export of the data is ideal for data-driven businesses that require additional reporting capabilities, data visualization, or merging of data sets for comprehensive data analytics.
The first thing you see after you login to the reporting tool is the Home page, which serves as the starting place for creating, running, and working with your report files.
|The File menu provides quick access to on screen features such as opening a report or creating a new one.|
|The Main drop-down list indicates the active window you are using. From the Main drop-down list you can access the Home, Browse Files, and Schedules windows. Additionally, you can access any open reports from the Main drop-down list.|
|The Browse Files option opens a window where you can locate your report files using the Browsing and Files panes. Any files that you open appear in a new window.|
|The Create New option enables you to create a new Interactive report.|
|The Recents list shows a list of your most recently opened report files. Clicking on the star next to a recently opened report file adds it to your Favorites list.|
The Browse Files page helps you keep your report files organized and makes them easier for you to locate. When a folder or file is selected, the Actions you can take are made available on the right.
Files are organized within the following folders:
- Interactive Reports, which includes your personal reports and reports created by others in your organization. You can save report files in this folder.
- Standard Reports, which includes predefined reports provided by Gotransverse. You cannot save report files to this folder.
- Custom Reports (optionally), which shows requested custom-built reports provided to your company by Gotransverse. You cannot save report files to this folder.
When you select a folder or report, the Folder/FileActions pane on the right of the Browse Files window populates with a list of actions that you can do with the selected folder or file. The Actions pane enables you to:
- Open report files in the current window or in a new one
- Run report files in the background
- Edit, delete, cut, copy, or paste report files or folders
- Schedule reports to run automatically
- Add report files to your Favorites list
- View the Properties of a report file or folder
You can run Standard reports and saved Custom reports as needed:
To run a report, do the following:
- Access a saved report in one of the following ways:
- Click the report name from the Recents or Favorites lists.
- Click Browse. The Browse Window opens. Navigate to the report and click its name.
- After the report opens, review the report parameters in the top of the pane and if you need, make changes. For details on report parameters, see Report Parameters.
- Click the Output Type box to select a report format. By default, the browser window only displays reports created using the HTML format. All other formats require a separate application to display the report. You can specify the format as one of the following:
- HTML (Paginated)
- HTML (Single Page)
- Excel spreadsheet (*.XLS)
- Excel 97 spreadsheet (*.XLSX)
- Comma Separated Value (CSV)
- Click View Report. If you selected HTML, the report is displayed. Otherwise, save the report in the selected format.
Your scheduled reports appear in the List of Schedules, which you can open by choosing Schedules from the Main menu. You also can access your List of Schedules from the Browse Files pane, if you have a report selected.
The list of schedules shows which reports are scheduled to run. You can edit and maintain each of your schedules by using the controls above the schedules list, on the right end of the toolbar.
To schedule a Report, do the following:
- From the Browse Files page, choose the report you want to schedule from the Files pane.
- Select Schedule from the File Actions pane. The New Schedule window opens.
- Enter the information required and click OK. The schedule is created and appears in the list in the Schedules window of the console.
If needed, you can run a report in the background and save it for future viewing.
- From the Browse Files page, choose the report you want to run in the background from the Files pane.
- Select Run in Background from the File Actions pane. The Run in Background window appears.
- Enter the information required and click OK. The report is scheduled to run in the background and appears in the List of Schedules.