In this topic:
For Product Actions, go to Products >> Product Catalog. Select the Product you need and click its name. The Product Details page opens. Scroll down to the Actions pane to add one or more Product Actions to your Product.
Usage Rules Actions are part of Gotransverse's Action Framework. A Usage Rule Action can be used to set a configurable threshold that when crossed generates a near real-time action such as sending a subscription renewal email or making a web services call to an external program.
A typical configuration for a rating action would be to notify a customer when they have reached 70%, 85%, and 100% of their usage limit. The 70% and 85% thresholds can trigger emails to notify the customer of their account status. The 100% threshold means their allowance has been met, and therefore, further usage is declined and no further rating is performed.
A Product Usage Rule Action must have a defined threshold value at which the action is launched. Additionally, if the action initiates an email or a web services call, then the appropriate configurations should be made for those.
Before you add one or more Product Usage Rule Actions, determine the trigger event, the threshold, and whether or not it will be enabled at this time.
A Product Usage Rule must be configured with Action Details and the action to take such as the HTTP Request and the Email Operations.
To add Actions Details to a Product Usage Rule, perform the following steps:
- In the Actions pane, click Threshold Met. The Action Configuration page opens.
- In the Actions Details pane, (top left). Click Edit. The Configure Action Details window opens.
- In the Configure Action Details window:
- Name - This is the Product Action Category that you selected, in this case Threshold Met. This field cannot be changed.
Enter the following information:
|Friendly Name||If needed, enter a name more descriptive to you than the category name provided in Gotransverse. For example, if the Product Usage Rule Action is to send an email to a person who has reached their allowance, you may choose to title the Usage Action: "Email to Buyer Allowance Met." Maximum 40 characters.|
|Description||Enter a description if needed in addition to the friendly name. Maximum 40 characters.|
- Click Finish. The Configure Action Details window closes. Continue to the HTTP Request Operations or Email Operations configuration.
To Configure HTTP Request Operations for a Product Usage Rule Action, do the following:
- In the HTTP Request Operations area, click the Add button. The Configure HTTP Request window opens.
- Enter the following information:
|URL||Required The URL of the website to access.|
|Application||This selects an application login that you have already entered in Gotransverse under Admin >> Applications. See Applications for more information.|
Drop down menu. Select POST or GET.
- Click Finish to save your configurations or Cancel to discard them. The Configure HTTP Request window closes.
To Configure Email Operations for a Product Usage Rule Action, do the following:
- In the Email Operations area, click the Add button. The Configure Email Operations window opens.
- Enter the following information:
|Threshold %||Required. The value at which the Email notification is sent.|
|Use Account Email||
|Recipient Email||Required. The email address on the Account.|
|Template||Required. The drop down menu containing email Product Usage Action templates. Refer to Notifications Templates for further information.|
- Click Finish to save your configurations or Cancel to discard them. The Configure Email Operations window closes.