In this topic:
From the Gotransverse Navigation Bar, go to Setup >>Custom Fields to access the Custom Fields page.
Gotransverse supports assigning Custom Fields so that you can capture user-defined information. Custom fields are supported on: Accounts, Products, Orders, Services, Payment Methods and Account Categories. Custom fields behave like any other field and are available in order processing, reporting, account details, invoices, and emails. Once a Custom Field is populated, it can be viewed and changed from the respective Detail pages at any time. Additionally, depending on your configuration, Custom Fields are searchable from the Account or Order Search pages. The information in these fields can be viewed or changed at any time on the Customer Account details page.
There are four types of Custom Fields that enable you to capture additional details:
- Account - The Account Custom Field is associated with the Customer or Customer Account at the time the Account is created.
- Account Categories - The Account Categories Custom Field enables you to use that information for your general ledger and reporting purposes.
- Billing Account -The Billing Account Custom Field is used when defining additional fee rules.
- Product - The Product Custom Field can be populated either before or after creating a Product entry. Please note that Product Custom Fields cannot be deleted once applied to available products.
- Order - The Order Custom Field is associated with an Order at the time the Order is created.
- Service - The Service Custom Field is associated with a sold product during the Order process.
- Payment Method - The Payment Method Custom Field allows additional information to be collect for a specified payment method used by the Customer.
To add or change a Custom Field:
- From the Setup menu, select Custom Fields.
- On the Custom Fields page, do one of the following:
- To add a new Custom Field, click Add.
- To change a Product Tag, find the Custom Field you want to change and click Edit.
- In the Custom Field window, enter or change the following information:
|Payment Method||Required if the Custom Field is for Payment Method. Specify the Payment Method type for which the Custom Fields will be associated. The Custom Field will only display when the specified Payment Method is used by a Customer.|
|Name||Required. The name for the Custom Field which can be up to 255 characters (including spaces).|
|Description||Provide a description of the Custom Field if needed.|
|Enabled||Add the check mark to display and use the field. Remove the check mark to disable the field.|
|Searchable||Add the check mark to make the field searchable on the Account or Order Search pages. Remove the check mark to disable the search option.|
Indicate whether the Custom Field will be a text field or a drop-down box with list values. If you choose to create a List type field, the choices are defined on the Custom Field details page.
|Validation Field Type||
Indicates the data type used to validate the custom field entry. For example, a Date field accepts only dates formats, a Currency field accepts only monetary data, and so on.
Required if the Validation Field Type is Custom. Enter the string in regular expression language that will be used to evaluate the custom field entry. An example of a regular expression is [0-9]+(\.[0-9]+)? , which describes a decimal number.
- When finished entering information into the Custom Field Detail window, click Finish. The Custom Field Detail window closes. The new message is saved and is shown on the Custom Fields page.
If you chose the Field Type of List, then you must define the choices available in the list. To do so, perform the following steps:
- On the Custom Fields page, select the Custom Field for which you want to create the list.
- Click the Custom Field Name. The Custom Field details page opens.
- On the Custom Field detail page, in the List pane, click Add. The Add Custom Field Edit List Value Reference window opens.
- Enter the Value name.
- Select whether the value is available:
- Active - the value is available for selection.
- Suspended - the value is not available for selection.
- Click Finish. The value is added to the Custom Field drop-down list.
You can change the order of the Custom Fields at any time. To change the order, do the following:
- On the Custom Fields page, select the Custom Field that you want to move.
- Click one of the following commands (in the Actions column) associated with the Custom Field:
- Click Up to move the Custom Field up one line in the list.
- Click Down to move the Custom Field down one line in the list. The field is moved.
If a field is disabled, the associated data is not deleted. If you want to use this Custom Field later and preserve the data, then do not delete it, but disable it by taking the check mark out of the Enabled check box. When a Custom Field is disabled, the associated data is preserved.
To disable a Custom Field, do the following:
- On the Custom Fields page, find the Custom Field and click Edit. The Custom Field window opens.
- Clear the check mark from the Enabled box.
- Click Finish. The Custom Field is removed from Customer Accounts.