Premier Data Access
Premier Data Access is perfectly suited for the enterprise that requires more. Using either Snowflake or your preferred tool with a Snowflake connector, you can query and view large amounts of your GTV data like product catalog, invoice, tax, and payment data. Alternatively, you can receive data extracts from GTV which are pre-defined downloads of your GTV data. Data extracts are ideal for customers who want to incorporate the Gotransverse monetization data within their existing enterprise data warehouses.
Premier Data Access is ideal for data-driven businesses that require additional reporting capabilities, data visualization, or merging of data sets for comprehensive data analytics.
Benefits include the ability to:
- Run queries and view results, for example, if you want to view all billing accounts in Texas or investigate anomalies for auditing purposes.
- Export GTV data, then combine it with other data, like CRM or ERP, using your preferred tool. For example, you can export the data, then combine Premier Data Access data with Salesforce data for a more holistic data set.
- Query and export data, then create and run customized reports using your preferred reporting solution like Tableau.
- Query and export data, then create code for UI data visualization using your preferred data visualization tool like Qlik Sense.
Note: The screenshot below displays Snowflake's interface for working with data. This is only one of several tools you can use.
There are three options GTV offers to work with your GTV data:
- Premier Data Extracts—Pre-defined extract downloads of your data. You can choose to receive up to 50 extracts per month. Combine with data from multiple sources and send to a reporting, analytics, AI, or ML tool of your choosing. This option is best if you only need pre-defined data or have an existing enterprise data warehouse.
- Premier Data Sharing—Connect your own Snowflake data lake to your GTV data. Combine with data from multiple sources and send to a reporting, analytics, AI, or ML tool of your choosing. This option is best if you want to manage your own Snowflake data lake.
- Premier Managed Data Access—GTV manages a data lake and gives you access. GTV also provides a Snowflake read-only account for you to use. Combine with data from multiple sources and send to a reporting, analytics, AI, or ML tool of your choosing. This option is best if you want GTV to manage the Snowflake data lake.
Premier Data Access Workflows
The diagram below outlines the most common workflow to follow to meet your data-driven business needs using Premier Data Extracts.
The Gotransverse platform contains multitudes of your stored data like invoice, credit and billing account information. The following are Premier Data Extract's pre-defined extracts we offer that are compiled from your GTV data:
- Adjustment Application
- Bill Cycle
- Bill Cycle Run
- Billing Account
- Custom Field
- Billing Account
- Billing Account Category
- Order Item (One-Time Products)
- Payment Method
- GL Charge Info
- GL Transaction
- Invoice Item
- Order Item
- Payment Application
- Payment Batch
- Payment Change
- Payment Profile
- Payment Refund
- Service Agreement
- Service Period
- Usage Event
- Usage Sum
Available Data Views
The Gotransverse platform contains multitudes of your stored data like discount, order and product catalog information. The following Premier Data Sharing and Premier Managed Data Access data views represent your GTV data:
|Stored Value Service||
Note: The Version view contains field information you’ll need to have available when contacting GTV Support.
Premier Data Access Setup Overview
Complete the following steps to get up and running with Premier Data Extracts:
- Select the pre-defined data extracts you want to receive.
- Contact GTV Support to initialize delivery of the extracts.
- Receive the extracts via S3 server.
- Import extracts into your preferred tool or Snowflake data lake. Depending on your business objectives and toolset, you’re now ready to combine this data with other data sets, visualize data, or run customized reports.
- Speak with Gotransverse support. You can work with support to send your data directly to your company-wide data lake or Gotransverse can work with you on a GTV data lake setup that meets your needs.
- Set up your preferred tool or a SQL tool with a Snowflake connector for querying, viewing, and exporting data. Alternatively, you can work with GTV support to set up a read-only Gotransverse Snowflake instance.
- If you set up using your preferred tool, your tool may include functions like reporting, data visualization, or the ability to combine data sets from more than one source.
- Depending on your business objectives and toolset, you’re now ready to do the following: query, view, save, and export your GTV data; combine this data with other data sets, visualize data, or run customized reports.
Use Case Example and Workflow
A typical use case for Premier Data Sharing or Premier Managed Data Access is to make a daily dashboard with visualized payment details. Your dashboard will consist of a counter and pie charts with accompanying legends that allow you to track the daily number of:
- Payments by payment method
- Success and Error payment status’
- Success and Error payment status’ by payment method
The dashboard informs you about payments that failed and other general business insights.
Note: For workflow images below, we use a SQL tool with a Snowflake connector UI setup which is only one of several tools you can use.
The typical workflow for this use case is:
- Gain understanding of data views by finding and selecting, for example, the payment table within the interface setup (e.g., Snowflake instance). After you select the table, the Payment pane displays in the bottom left of the screen.
- Click Preview Data in the payment pane.
- Click the Data Preview tab.
- Select either Data or SQL view to review table fields.
- Next, review relationship diagrams to further understand a high-level overview of the main data objects in the GTV platform and key views in the data lake and their relationships to other key objects and views. Reviewing the diagrams helps you successfully build joins as you create your SQL queries.
- Identify which data objects are needed and in which views.
- Write your query, which has objects identified during Step 6 above and views joined from Step 5 above. In this use case, there is a Payment query and a Payment Method query that need to be created.
- Enter your SQL query in the Query pane of the interface setup.
- Click Run to run the query against the data.
- Review the query results in the Results tab to ensure it contains the data you need.
- Click the Download icon in the Results tab to export the data.
Note: For this use case, Steps 8-11 are repeated since there are two queries.
- Import the data to build the daily payments dashboard using your preferred visualization tool.