Billing Account Notes
Notes are ideal for recording details about customer interactions. For example, you can log customer phone calls or document reasons for billing account changes. Since Notes are free-form, you can type almost anything you like, without restrictions. You can enter notes directly on the customer’s Billing Account Details page.
How do You View Notes?
To view notes on the billing account:
- Navigate to the billing account and click the Summary tab.
- Click the Notes detail tab. Here you can see all existing notes on this billing account.
What Happens When You Add a Note?
You can manage Notes on the Billing Account workspace. They do not appear on the invoice or any other customer communications. Notes are saved as a historical record for each of your customers and cannot be deleted. However, you can edit a note at any time as needed.
To make notes on a billing account:
- Navigate to the desired billing account and click Create Note from the Account action menu.
- In the Create Note window that appears, type the information you want to save in the note.
- When all the information has been entered, click Create Note or click Create Another to create the note and open another Create Note window.
The note is added to the Notes detail tab and can be edited, but not deleted.
To edit a note:
- Navigate to the desired billing account click Summary, then click the Notes detail tab.
- Under Actions, click the ellipsis button , then click Edit.
- In the Edit Note window that appears, do the needed edits, and then click Edit Note to save your changes.