In this topic:
An invoice details charges, credits, and payments. Gotransverse processes the charges, discount, or tax as appropriate, and then creates the invoice that you can send to your customer. Invoices are created when the bill cycle is run and are displayed in the customer's Account Details page.
How Do You Access Invoices?
From the Invoice Details page you can view invoice details. The action menu enables you to resend and view a PDF of the invoice.
What Happens After an Invoice is Created?
From the Invoice Details page you can view details where you can accept and apply payment or perform other types of transactions. You also can resend the invoice and view the PDF version.
To view invoices, click the Invoices tab.
The invoice list page opens. To see the details of any invoice, click the line item.
To apply a payment to an invoice, do the following:
- In the Invoices panel, find the invoice to which you want to apply the payment.
- From the Invoice Action Menu, select Pay Invoice.
The Pay Invoice window is displayed:
The payment options fields are automatically added.
- Enter the required information.
Note: A payment method must be on file to make a payment. If there is no payment method on file, click You can add a recurrent payment method here. The Create Account Payment window opens and you can add a method of payment. See Payment Methods for more information.
- Add a description if you need to add to any notes about the transaction.
The Payment Application section is shown with all the open invoices available to which to apply the payment.
- By default the payment is applied to all the invoices that are shown with each one selected. Deselect those that you do not want to apply payment to. If you do not want to apply the payment to any invoices at this time, you can allocate the payment at a later time.
- When all the information has been entered, click Create Payment or click Create Another to create the payment and open another Payment Information window.
To view a PDF of the invoice, do the following:
- In the Invoices panel, find the invoice you want to view and click the (ellipsis) associated with that invoice (located in the Actions column). The Actions menu is displayed:
- Select View PDF. The PDF file is displayed. Use your browser to download or save the file.
You can resend an invoice to a customer if the invoice was originally sent by email.
Note: This option is not available if the invoice was provided in a method other than email. The invoice is sent to the same email address to which the original invoice was sent.
To resend this invoice to a customer, do the following:
- In the Invoices panel, find the invoice you want to send and click the (ellipsis) associated with that invoice. The Actions menu is displayed:
- Select Resend Invoice. A confirmation is displayed that the invoice was resent.
You can make adjustments to the invoice as needed. See Adjustments for more information.
To make a credit adjustment to an invoice, do the following:
- In the Invoices panel, find the invoice you want to adjust and click the (ellipsis) associated with that invoice, which is located in the Actions column. The Actions menu is displayed:
- From the Invoice Action Menu, select Adjust Invoice. The Create Credit Adjustment window opens.
- Enter the adjustment information. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- When all the information has been entered, click Create Adjustment.