In this topic:
Payment Retry Setup
Through the Gotransverse user interface, you can view and manage Payment Retry Schedules configured for your tenant.
Payment Retry setup requires the following tasks to be completed in the respective user interfaces:
- Setting up the Payment Gateway (Gotransverse 1.0)
- Creating a billing account for the payment retry evaluation (Gotransverse 1.0 or 2.0)
Note: Payment Retry Schedules require that the Dunning Essentials payment gateway is configured. However, individual accounts do not need to be set to “Dunning enabled” in order to be eligible for payment retry schedule processing.
Once you have completed the necessary prerequisites, navigate to the Account Billing page and click Setup from the sidebar. Here, you can find the following tabs:
- Dunning—displays a list of available Dunning Plans.
- Payment Retry Schedules—displays a list of available payment retry schedules. You can also create and manage existing payment retry schedules.
- Payment Retry Reason Code Groups—displays a list of available Payment Retry Reason Code Groups.
How do you create a retry schedule?
To create a new Retry Schedule in the Gotransverse 2.0 UI, do the following:
- Navigate to the Account Billing page and click Create Payment Retry Schedule from the top Account Billing action menu.
- In the Create Payment Retry Schedule pop-up that appears, fill in the following fields:
- Click Create. Your Payment Retry Schedule is now visible on the Payment Retry Schedules page.
|*Code||This field sets the code of the Retry Schedule. Once created, it cannot be changed.|
|*Name||This field sets the name for identifying and searching for the Retry Schedule.|
This field allows for further information or notes on the Retry Schedule.
|*Status||This field sets the status of the Retry Schedule to either Draft or Active. Once moved into an Active state, Retry Schedules cannot be moved back into Draft. They can however still be edited or moved into a Suspended status|
|*Account Category||This field selects the account category for the payment retry schedule. When running this respective payment retry schedule job, it will only process failed payments for accounts with this category.|
|*Minimum Failed Payment Amount||This field sets the minimum overall payment balance required to trigger the payment to be evaluated for the retry process.|
|*Number of Payment Retries||This field determines the maximum amount of attempts the failed payment will be retried.|
|*Duration Between Retries (in Days)||This field determines the interval between the payment retry attempts.|
|*Payment Retry Reason Code Groups||This field determines the Generic Reason Code that is associated with the retry Payment Schedule.|
*Indicates required field
How do you manage payment retry schedules?
Gotransverse user interface enables you to view the details of the available Payment Retry Schedules, edit, and delete the desired ones.
Viewing Payment Retry Schedules
To see a list of the available Payment Retry Schedules:
- Navigate to your billing account and click the Setup tab.
- On the Setup page, click the Payment Retry Schedules tab.
- To view the detailed information about your Payment Retry Schedule, on the Payment Retry Schedules tab, click the desired Payment Retry Schedule or click the information icon in the Details column.
Editing a Payment Retry Schedule
To edit the Payment Retry Schedule:
- On the Payment Retry Schedules tab, under Actions, click , and then click Edit Payment Retry Schedule.
- On the Edit Payment Retry Schedule page, edit desired fields, and then click Edit.
Deleting a Payment Retry Schedule
To delete the desired Payment Retry Schedule:
- On the Payment Retry Schedules tab, under Actions, click , and then click Delete Payment Retry Schedule.
- In the Confirmation window that appears, click Yes.