In this topic:
An account provides a centralized place to view and manage personal and billing information about your customers. An account gives you quick access to customer information and account actions. For each account, you can view the history of subscriptions, services, and transactions (including invoices, payments, and adjustments) for that customer. Additionally, you can perform common tasks, such as managing contact information, and creating payments and adjustments directly in the customer's account. A billing account can have multiple orders and concurrent services. It can be either a child or parent of another account or be the account responsible for payments.
How Do You Access an Account?
If your search for a customer's account (see Search) and do not find the customer, add the customer to TRACT by creating an account.
What Happens When You Create an Account?
When you create an account, you are ready to place an order for the customer. You can further manage accounts in the Account Workspace. Use the tabs at the top of the summary pane to show the details of the account. These details panes provide information about the account, such as the current balance. You can also use the Account Action menu to perform the most common account-level tasks.
Functionality for the account depends on its status. The status of an account can be changed either by customer request or by the company. For example, the customer could request that the account be suspended temporarily while he is out of the country, or the company could suspend the account due to a failure by the customer to pay his bills. The status can be one of the following:
|Pending||Pending status means that the account is being created and set up in TRACT and is not yet ready for use. This step is often not seen because it happens so quickly. A Pending account cannot be used by the customer yet, but will become available when the status changes to Active. When creation is completed, status should automatically change to Active.|
|Active||Active status means that the account is active and can be used by the customer. The account is collecting normal and expected charges.|
|Suspended||Suspended status means that the account is not active and cannot be used by the customer, but the customer can make payments. Depending on business rules, charges may continue accumulating. A Suspended account can be reactivated if needed, as it is usually only temporarily suspended until the account is manually moved to another status such as Active or Deactivated.|
|Deactivated||Deactivated status means that the account is not active, which is beyond Suspended but not yet Final Bill or Closed. A Deactivated account cannot be used by the customer. Depending on business rules, charges are probably not accumulating. Depending on your configuration, a Deactivated account may be returned to Active.|
|Closed||Closed status means that the customer can no longer use the account. There can be no new charges or activity on this account. A Closed account cannot be reopened or made Active. For Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance reasons, shortly after the account has the status of Closed, TRACT purges any encrypted credit card numbers and expiration dates as well as any bank account numbers.|
|Collections||The account has been transferred to a collection process. Accounts in Collection status are no longer invoiced or able to receive new orders.|
|Final Bill Status||Final Bill status is the step before closing the account or changing the account status to Collection. When in Deactivated status or Final Bill status, the account cannot be reactivated.|
To create a new account do the following:
- Click Create at the top right of the screen.
- In the Create New Account window that opens, enter the requested account details. Depending on your configuration the fields might be different than those shown below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Click the question mark for additional information about a field.
- In the Billing Information section, enter the customer's billing details. Depending on the payment method, the window expands to allow you to enter the payment method and payment address information.
- Optionally, in the upper right corner, click Configure Fields and add additional fields if necessary.
- When all the information has been entered, click Create Account to create the account or click Create Another to create the account and open another Create New Account window.
To edit an account, including billing information, do the following:
- Search for and open the account you want to edit. For more information on searching for an account, refer to Search.
- From the Account Action menu on the upper left, select Edit Account.
- In the Edit Account window that opens, change the account information as needed. Fields that cannot be edited are grayed out. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Optionally, add additional fields if necessary. The fields shown on this menu depend on TRACT's configuration.
- After you have updated the information, click Edit Account to save your changes and close the Edit Account window.